Embossed business cards are available with these PremiumPlus Cards (PPC) and Premium Branding Cards (PBC). Both Premium type of card offers superior quality at a low finishing option cost with tremendous flexibility in expressing the creativity.
Embossed the card creates a domed effect over the designated area on the card by pressing from the reverse side of the paper, thus, creates a raised graphical image on the business card top surface.
- Blind Press Embossing: This stamping technique makes a domed effect without the color or foil on the card surface
- Ink Embossing: This stamping technique makes a domed effect over the printed and foiled area on the card.
- Embossing area: standard size — 1.5"x.75". 2"x1.5" is the maximum embossing area.
How to prepare the embossed business card artwork:
You need to create one additional file for the emboss masked area on the card. Here are the steps.
- Duplicate your business card file and name that file as "XYZ-mask.pdf."
- From the XYZ-mask.pdf file, delete or take out the card elements that are not part of the mask area.
- Now, take the remaining masked area on the card and change the color to black color 0/0/0/100, and then save the file.
What not to do when masking the embossed business card.
- Don't work with flattened png or jpg files. For the best results use the layers.
- Don't work with the RGB color palette. Must use the CMYK setting.
- Don't mask the small text area. We recommend staying above 8pt letters.
- Don't mask small detailed areas. It may get clogged up in the masked area.
- Don't mask any of the gradient areas on the artwork, a fuzzy area on the card. Mask only the one solid colored area.
- Don't mask the area too close to the edge of the card. It can create problems in production.
- Don't just use any black color to mask the area. Use 0/0/0/100 black color only.
- Don't move around the masked area to avoid registration issues.